Girl’s Trip Loading!
Winter is the perfect time for a mommy getaway! I’m headed to Canada for the very first time with a few of my best girlfriends! No matter when or where I’m traveling, packing my essentials always helps me to stay organized, maximize space in my suitcase, and look stylish for the duration of my travels!
I’ve put together a guide for Winter traveling that provides functionality and style for the modern woman. I can’t wait to share my journey’s with you all!
- Usually, I’m a small clutch kinda girl. I don’t like feeling weighed down by large bags, but for travel, I use my bag/purse as a statement piece that provides storage for items needed during my trip. For this trip, I’m bringing my Louis Vuitton Neverfull tote. It’s a timeless piece that is super sturdy and is water resistant!
- International travel always calls for a passport, so generally my passport is tucked right inside my tote. It makes getting through check-in and security a breeze. My passport is decked out with a cute cover to add a dash of glam and personality to an otherwise boring document.
- I don’t know about you all, but my skin gets really weird when traveling. The air on planes seems extremely dry, and changes in climate often mean my skin is prone to dryness or acne. To prevent this, I always travel with some sort of skin cream to add a layer of protection. I pretty much adore anything coconut oil related, so this body cream from Palmers is a great option.
- This item doubles as both something you can carry, and wear. It is my most favorite Winter essential, the blanket scarf! I usually start off by carrying this item in my tote, and using it as a blanket to provide some comfort and warmth during my flight. When I arrive to my destination, it becomes a scarf and keeps my face and neck covered against wind or just the cold temperature.
5. The projected temperatures in Canada this weekend are in the upper 20’s. This Georgia girl isn’t quite ready, but I’m packing my new puffer coat to help ease the shock a little. This heavy duty piece of outwear obviously provides warm, but I opted for a fun color with fur trim so that I don’t have to trade style for functionality. It gives me the best of both worlds!
6. I’m also bringing a pair of warm gloves and a matching hat for this trip. I’m attached to my phone like the rest of America, so I made sure to get gloves that provide the touchscreen feature. You can find a couple here and here.
7. Denim is appropriate for any type of weather, so I’ll be sure to bring a few pair of my favorite jeans. I choose a skinny fit so that I can tuck them into my boots, but I also make sure they’re loose enough to allow for thermals to fit under. I will not be caught slipping in the cold weather!
8. Lastly, I won’t travel without a pair of cute combat style boots! These are such a trend right now, and for good reason! The pair I ordered have a chunky heel which means comfort but still have a pop of color and details that make them super stylish and fun. You can dress combat boots up or down, saving space in your suit case for other items!
Don’t Forget: Other essentials are tech gadgets, makeup bag, medications, and any cash or valuable you made need while traveling.
Are you traveling anywhere this Winter? I hope that you’ll share your plans with me, and I can’t wait to return and share my travel experiences with you!